Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Yum -- I mean del.icio.us

Del.icio.us is by far the most useful tool we have discovered. With only MLIS my research project left to go, web research can be easily be aggregated in one place with del.icio.us, helping with my bibliography. Just as easily, I can see using it for work – creating a “work” tag so I can quickly sort my del.icio.us list.

Personally, of the Web 2.0 things we have tried, del.icio.us ranks in my top 3 so far, and way above the RRS aggregator (which I have not really check on since I created my account).

I did set up del.icio.us account (I’m sopranolibrarian, of course!) and my interest was with making connections. For example, I did a search for Girl Scouts and found a host of resources I’ve not yet discovered myself. Many items were posted by leslies_junk, so I went directly to view her (?) bookmarks and found several sites of interest for ideas for my troop. I can see opening an account for our troop leaders for additional resources. The possibilities are only bound by my own limitations :)

1 comment:

alabasterstones said...

Glee! I'm really excited about delicious, too; I'm thrilled to finally have all my bookmarks in one place. I used to e-mail them to myself - what a mess! :X :X :X