Monday, September 22, 2008

Library Thing

I learned about LibraryThing this weekend and fell in love. I put some of my favorite books in my booklist and checked out several of the discussion groups. I read some of the posts from Librarians who LibraryThing and the Historical Romance group, my favorite post being "What time period are you in now?" That was fun discussion.

LibraryThing reminds me a little of BookCrossing which is another booklovers discussion site for specifically for the practice of leaving a book in a public place to be picked up and read by others, who then do likewise and tracking it. There are discussion groups there as well.

For my Readers' Advisory class about a few years ago, we had to make a personal reading list. I've been trying to keep it current, now that I can read fiction again (which you can't do when textbooks are your life). So, everytime I run through the Main Circulation area of my library and I notice a title or I'm browsing on Amazon, I have a better place to put my reading wish list (and I can share it with family for gift ideas).

So many books, so little time....

No comments: