Monday, October 27, 2008

CML Power Tools

I downloaded the library’s tool bar the minute it was available; I have it both at work and at home. It’s great at work because I all the shortcuts I love right there in front of me. At home, I showed by daughter how to use it and she can go right to the CML homepage (I'm sure I've shocked some that my homepage is not the library's) and look in the catalog or check her account. It empowers her to be responsible for her own account, even if I still have to lug the materials back and forth!

I also looked at BoingBoing; a really eclectic collection of things. It’s like News of the Weird but global and on steroids. It’s part news, part scavenger hunt from around the world, but 90% entertaining. For example, today there was a post about NASA’s top 50 photos and the one featured on BoingBoing is the Star Trek Enterprise crew meeting the real Enterprise. I think I may have to add this to my bloglines account.

I did post a comment on the library's blog Tooling Around about the highlighting feature. However, I have to say I'm disappointed the last post on the Tooling Around blog is from Sept. 2. Although, I was almost convinced to better use my Gmail account.

Kudos to the CML Library toolbar...

No comments: