Wednesday, August 27, 2008

British Library Gate

I have a bulletin board of library photos. This started as a joke and my family rolls their eyes while good-naturedly waiting as I take library photos. Maybe someday I'll post a photo of my bulletin board -- won't you be excited!

This one, though, was special. I got to visit the British Library in London. I really wanted to enter the "Library" part but wasn't allowed. However, the "Visitor" part was fun -- original manuscripts from the likes of Shakespeare, Bach, Beethoven, Austen, Beatles and the Magna Carta. Way cool. Even my honey enjoyed it (he's a blacksmith). You can check out the British Library at http://www.bl.uk/.

With respect to the CML Learn & Play, my experience with Flickr was pretty seemless. I tried to search for public photos on Flickr without creating an account (because it is yet another password that eluded me for days). So I set up an account, which was super easy. I didn't get to "play" so much today, but it appears I will with Thing #6.

Now I need to bump my kid off my computer and upload more photos. I really can't wait until my dad does this exercise, so he an upload his photos from Alaska!

1 comment:

HeleneB said...

C, This is a great image. I really love how the light highlights the words.

Helene